Friday, November 21, 2008

Jason: I went running again

Yes, I ran today.
No, I don't mean that this is only the second time I've gone running since when I first mentioned the idea several weeks ago.
No, that's not to say I've gone running very much; but this is not just the 2nd time.
And yes -- thank you for saying so -- I do think I'm looking a little thinner, as a matter of fact.

It's getting cold here in HZ. Long-johns weather. But sunny. And, you could even say, warm in the mid-afternoon. Kids are laying out on the lawn all over campus to soak in the last few golden rays of summer before the really really cold weather sets in next month. And in that same spirit, I decided that -- although I was tired, although it's been a longer-than-usual week -- still, I better take advantage of this afternoon's nearly ideal running weather and go outside and, you know, run. So I laced up and headed out.

For the first time in my (admittedly brief) running career I decided to take the iPod and listen to some good ol' American classic rock. I heard Lynard Skynard, the Allman Bros., Phil Collins [I know he's not exactly "Classic Rock", but it's on the playlist anyway], U2, Hall & Oates... Awesome stuff. I also prayed in snippets, and enjoyed seeing a sliver of the sun through the increasingly-cloudy sky. I watched birds chasing one another, jealously defending their favorite branches and berries. I said "hello" and "fine, thank you" and "my name is Jason" to giggling school girls skipping rope.

Hey, wait a second... I had to get the door.
Cec has ordered Mexican food from Pancho's and had it delivered to our house!
So, [no pun intended] I gotta run.
Blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment