Sunday, December 15, 2013

ShaoChuan

ShaoChuan is a young boy in our neighborhood two years older than Caleb. ShaoChuan MaMa was the key in helping us get Caleb into the so called foreign language elementary school. Now we share rides to school. ShaoChuan MaMa drives Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and I drive Thursday, Friday. ShaoChuan eats dinner with us every Friday night then we all go to the neighborhood Bible study. The mornings I drive we read the Lord’s Prayer at one particularly long stop light. ShaoChuan reads in Chinese. I ask could he read it slowly, but he always reads as fast as he can. Caleb reads in English, as fast as he can. So at our Friday night children’s study we were going to eat a snack and I asked ShaoChuan if he would pray for our snack. I was surprised, ShaoChuan stood and easily recited the Lord’s Prayer. Another week we studied the Christmas story. Confident that he was going to teach his mom something new, ShaoChuan asked his mom, “Do you know why we celebrate Christmas?” “We are celebrating the birth of Jesus,” she answered. “How did you know?” ShaoChuan was surprised. I study the Bible also with all the moms while you are studying with the children.


1 comment:

  1. Thankful that you have them in your lives & you are in theirs! Such a precious post!

    ReplyDelete