Dale and I have been involved with one
of the local student Christian groups, Salt and Light, for over 8
months now. We have made some great friends there and really feel a
bond to those young brothers and sisters. They meet off campus every
Sunday morning. Their meetings last several hours, 8:30am to 2pm,
usually. We have taken our kids a few times there, but it's pretty
long for them and it's a small apartment, so it's not too
"kid-friendly". As a result usually either Dale or I will
go. We try to go there to worship at least once a month, sometimes
twice. We were invited to join their Christmas performance at the
local church and we posted about that, so you may know the group
we're talking about.
Several of the Salt and Light bros and
sis come to the Thursday night meeting in our house. We are always
happy to see them and happy to have them share their Christian
influence with the students we are studying with. A lot of the time
we all break into small groups and it's pretty common to have some of
the Salt and Light Christians leading the groups. I have thanked God
for leading us to know the Salt and Light group and thanked him for
their influence in our ministry.
This past week I attended their Sunday
meeting. The leader talked about 1 Corinthians 13 and toward the end
of the talk the leader asked all of us to share one idea that we
learned from the scripture. Each person shared their idea and I found
it so encouraging to hear. But the most encouraging part was when one
sister shared her idea. She said, "The most moving thing she can
share is actually something that Dale said once at a Thursday
meeting....." I was so surprised that when she finished talking
I thought maybe I had misunderstood her and I asked her, "Who
said that?" Another sister laughed and answered, "It was
your husband!"
I guess my point in short is how
blessed I feel seeing first hand how the things from our Thursday
meeting are penetrating the local student groups and being spread on
past the foreigners' house. It was really so nice to hear....
Thankful God gave you this opportunity to see how your planted seeds are being watered and spreading!
ReplyDelete