I had a conversation with Reno after class which truly made my long day. Reno wanted to check about his speech topic “What are you thankful for?”
Reno asked, “Can I talk about being thankful for Jesus?”
“Yes, please. That would be wonderful.”
“I don’t think my classmates are interested, but I want to say it anyway. I know you are a Christian from the stories you tell in class. Thank you for teaching us those stories from Bible.”
At the beginning of each semester I teach my name from Joshua fought the battle of Jericho. When I face fear and doubt in my life I pray to God.
Also we have studied the Prodigal Son. I show Rembrandt’s painting of the Prodigal Son and the students list three details they see in the painting. “One man’s shoe is falling off. One man holds the other and looks sad. One man bends on the ground.” Then we read the parable. From looking sad the father’s emotional face changes to deep down joy, relief, and compassion. Jesus told us this story to show God will run to us and welcome us home no matter what we have done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How exciting about Reno's speech, how was it received by the classmates?
ReplyDelete