I have been told that I need to update my blog. I wrote a whole page of stuff, but for some reason I cannot copy and paste it into blogger. Strange! I guess I will just have to re-type it. Here goes....
We are in the US now. The trip was pretty good. We left Hangzhou Friday after lunch. The school provided us with a van to the airport. We decided to stay in a hotel in the airport instead of leaving HZ at 4am. Our flight was for 8:30 (ish) on Saturday morning. The flight was about 13- 14 hours. The kids did pretty well, but they only slept about 2 or 3 hours. We landed in Detroit and had plenty of time to clear customs and all. We ate hot dogs for lunch!
We boarded the plane and all of the kids were asleep before take-off! That flight was about 1 1/2 hours and they slept the whole time.
We were met at the airport by my folks, Jon's parents, and Staci, Mitch, and Kelly. We grabbed our bags and went to Cracker Barrel. The kids enjoyed their cereal and Jon and I loved our sweet tea!
For the most part, I have been pretty clear-headed. I have not had much trouble sleeping. I have woke up pretty early a few days, but we are just about on a normal schedule. Jet lag can be terrible, but this time it has not been too bad.
Jon and I both took some pills called "No Jet Lag". I really think they helped.
Jon has been pretty busy with fireworks since we have been back, but the kids and I have occasionally felt strange to be back. It is usually just little things that we notice.
Eryn keeps announcing that the public restrooms are Western potties!
I keep forgetting that I can use the tap water to wet my toothbrush and rise my mouth!
We love getting drinks out of water fountains.
We had VBS in Henderson this week. I think that was perfect timing. It gave the kids something exciting and fun to do in the evening, when they normally would have been very sleepy. I am sure that has helped them get back on schedule.
I will try to upload some pictures to the blog in the next few days!
Yeah we are glad to be back, we needed a rest, but I am also very excited about next semester and going back in August. We are going to have a great year!
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment